Thursday, February 26, 2015

Creating photography



VISIT MY WEBSITE!!

I am not sure that people understand how deep a connection I have to my work! One of the best things I ever did was taking underwater photography along with my journalism education! What that taught me was to not only anticipate a moment beyond all moments but to set up a shot ahead of time and wait for that moment to come to me! It is all about getting connected with my environment and allowing the world to unfurl its majesty before my lens. I think that diving and underwater photography is the best way to put my style of photography into context. I truly feel that diving is connecting literally with nature. It is like being cradled in the womb of nature herself! Ebbing and flowing, constantly having to let go and let God bring you to the perfect place and the perfect time to capture the perfect image! Every image is truly a gift from God! I learned so many incredible things while I was in school at Brooks, but I think the most important piece of knowledge was to anticipate the moment! You need to open to every possibility as you watch a moment unfold before you and you need to be able to see a little bit into the future so that you can decide where and when to take the photograph. I use this technique in every part of my work from journalism to portraits. Effectively blending into your surroundings and becoming a part of the world you are trying to immortalize is your greatest ally when you are working to create the best image possible! For me, I get into a meditative state connecting with my higher self I can feel the energy around me. It does not take such incredible actions however should you decide to do this you will certainly not be disappointed! Happy Capturing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment